UPDATE: Toronto Etiquette Project (or, The Power of the Media)


Woah.

Let me first say that growing up in Saskatchewan, I never even imagined living in Toronto. And then yesterday, I see myself on the cover of the Toronto Star. What a crazy 24 hours it has been! Here are a few quick updates on this exciting project.

Yesterday, I had five interviews for the Toronto Etiquette Project:


And then I found out that my Toronto Star interview from the weekend was featured not only in the morning Metro paper, but also on the cover of the Toronto Star.


Also, in the past 24 hours:

  • the blog has jumped from 4300 to 7300 hits, and
  • the PDF download of the cards has jumped from 555 to 1042 downloads

Needless to say, I am blown away with the response. I cannot thank everyone enough for the kind words of support. To me this project is already a success because it has sparked a conversation in the name of good. Even if you don't agree with the premise, you can't argue that Torontonians are overwhelmingly in favour of making positive change for their city. And I think that is a great sign.

Thank you again.

CR